Amber Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amber Academy

Role playing group. Monsters have overrun the planet. Students have been sent to the academy to learn to fight.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mission 1 - On Campus

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

Mission 1 - On Campus Empty
PostSubject: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Not everybody has arrived on time for the first mission. They can either choose to sit it out or they can request the help of one of the chairman to meet up with their team.

Currently on Campus:
Rhea Wolvesbane
Amos Cecile
Rosa Peaks
Kachina
Vienna Reinheart

((If your character is currently on campus, feel free to post and you will be added to the list.))

Last edited by Miss Meg on Fri May 27, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://theamberacademy.rpg-board.net
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 12:37 pm

It's over,
No longer,
I feel it growing stronger.
I'll live to die another day

" Where are they? Where are they? The thoughts ran though the headmistress' head as she paced outside the library building. It was very rare for the students to take this long on a mission. None of the monsters or chairmen had reported their status, which meant that even the first two stones had been recovered. Rhea had half of a mind to go after the students. Possibly simply take care of the two monsters that the team had not yet gone after. She sighed. It would be impossible for something to happen on the first mission. She needed to remain calm.

She took a deep breath to calm herself. Everything would be fine. The students were not as incompetent as she they seemed to be. They all had a strong will to survive. It's what they needed in order to make it though this school. Rhea rolled her head as she stretched out her arm. Yeah everything would be fine.

Her calmness hadn't lasted very long though. One by one the small trees around her were falling, each from a single swipe of her sword. "Where the heck are they?" She shouted out of frustration as she defaced another one of the schools trees. She would get Amos to regrow them later or something.
    "

Until I fade away.

Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Kachina walked lightly out of the forest, her shoeless footfalls just over the sound of a cat's. She had checked the perimeter of the Academy making sure there were no monsters around, all was clear now. A breeze blew in her direction, blowing her wild black and green hair around tickling her face, she paused to listen to the whispers of the wind. Sometimes if you listen carefully you can hear them, natures children speaking to anyone who will listen. Though, even Kachina could not hear them over the crash of a tree not too far away. She walked toward the noise, already clenching her fist at the thought of a great tree, one of the forest elders or children, being slaughtered. She rounded the corner and her enraged, almost black eyes, falling upon Rhea taking out her anger on a small child of a tree. Her eyes narrowed at Rhea as small stream of black smoke started to swirl out of her leather pouch attached to a bone buckle at her hip, "The trees don't appreciate that, I'll have you know." trying as hard as she could to dilute the malice in her voice. Desah made his full appearance from the pouch and wafted up to Kachina's shoulder and morphed into a small black caterpillar with electric blue soft hairs poking out of it everywhere. This particular form Kachina had created herself (like all of Des's forms), this one could make an annoying high pitched screech, but that was all, it was one of the first she came up with when she was a child. She slightly cringed at Desah being so close to her ear. Desah whispered, "Rhea..." with dozen or so different voices, man, woman, and child, in a unified tone of annoyance. Des didn't particularly like Rhea, her overbearing headstrong nature was what vexed Des the most. Des thought above all she was arrogant. Kachina was usually neutral to Rhea, but not to this, not to killing trees.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:09 pm

It's over,
No longer,

" The headmistress’s good eye examined the spirit in front of her. Ever since meeting Desah, Rhea had not been a fan. It was dark magic. Something that she could very well live without. And despite the spirits attempts it could not frighten her no matter what it would try. Rhea had seen things. Bad things. “Well, well, Miss Kachina,” Rhea said with a wave of her hand in a nonchalant motion. “I had not expected to see you around.” The entire situation of defacing the smaller trees upon the campus’ grounds was something that she could care less about. It had happened numerous times and Amos was always there to re-grow them to their former condition.

With another shrug she directed her attention to the woman. “At least in my condition Amos can re-grow them and return the trees to their original state.” The headmistress was a bit unfamiliar with the way Kachina’s magic worked, but she knew that it stole the life force. “Unlike you who drains their very life. It seems a bit worse that way, don’t you agree?” If there was one thing Rhea did not like it was being told what to do. The only people who could do so were her father, Amos, and Krystal. Simply, too stubborn to admit her faults. But it was not really a fault anyways, because she had been speaking the truth.

And she had needed some way to let out her nerves. Having so many lives resting on one person’s shoulders. It was something that could drive somebody to madness. So she had every right to let out her frustration. Every right.
    "

Until I fade away.
Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Kachina noticed how unkindly Rhea was being to her, and she as simmering with anger, but unlike Rhea she kept her cool, even her expression remained neutral. On the other hand Desah was not so placid. In it's many voices it growled, a threatening primeval rumbling. It sounded strange in Des's voice, one of woman, children and men all at the same time growling in unison. Kachina took a calming breath and told the blue caterpiller, "Peace, Desah." she commanded. All at once the voices ceased though she still could feel it's anger like a weight on her shoulder. Then she turned to Rhea and spoke in a serene manner, hoping inside that her composure would almost mock her, "Perhaps, if you we're to be able to express your anger in other more productive ways, that may even spare Amos the chore of having to amend for your irrational actions." her eyes then narrowed as she addressed the matter of her magic, "That may be true, and every time I use my gift I have a sense of remorse of what I have done. Though I keep in mind, even though I may take energy one day, eventually we all must give it back in the end. I also am one to use it for good not bad." every word she said was true, every day she took life from a tree she would pray to nature to use it for good and to forgive her. Though this was still a matter that made her feel guilty when she sees the greenery wilt and die around her. Rhea certainly new how to hit her well.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:29 pm

It's over,
No longer,

" “Perhaps you should mind your own business about what I do.” The woman was not made, but spoke evenly. “You should very well know by now, Miss Kachina, that it is not going to change anything.” Rhea knew that Amos didn’t really care. There was a lack of magicians at the school anyways, so he had nobody to mentor. He would welcome the practice. It was barely anything. “If you say so...” She said in reply to returning the energy back to the earth, hand reaching down to her abdomen self consciously. The thought of death was the only thing that could get to Rhea.

In a sense, Rhea was done with the nature girl. She didn’t really like to put up with people like her, or her spirt. She wished that Amos was on the grounds. Currently, the man was working on transporting some of the student’s home. The ones that could not take the first mission. Or moving to a new place. “Whatever really.” The headmaster stated with a roll of her shoulders and turned back to the school.
    "

Until I fade away.
Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Kachina, despite how she had trained herself to be calm on the outside, had in fact a large temper. She really wanted to say a thing or two outside her restricted vocabulary, give Rhea a peace of her mind, show her that Kachina wasn't a push over like all the others. She couldn't stop herself from clenching her fists. Rage started to gain inside her and it felt like a pressure cooker about to explode. She had never really talked to Rhea that much, but now she did she realized Rhea had all of the qualities that Kachina truly hated. It turned out Desah was right about her. In fact Des had now turned back into it's smoke form again, ready to shift into anything. She spoke up and said, "I know it wont change anything, because so darn bullheaded!" she yelled sternly. She ground her teeth and waited for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:13 am

It's over,
No longer,

" “Well then miss. It looks like we’re one in the same.” Because this other woman was just as stubborn. It was a pity. Rhea was just saying what she honestly believed. And she really didn’t have the time to deal with this woman at the time. But hey, the headmaster had the ability to fire this woman at any time. That was a last resort, of course and Rhea was not that shallow of a person. On purpose. In fact, even now she was enjoying this little back and forth with the woman. If only she were to bring in some reasonable arguments, then she would make a wonderful debate partner. “But to each their own, I suppose. You believe what you want. And I will believe what I want.” "

Until I fade away.
Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:16 am

Kachina sighed, the fight was out of her now, it wasn't really because of a lack in anger, it was just she ran out of things to say to her. It was the realization that if Kachina got past how dreadfully rude Rhea was then the two could easily become friends and it seemed that they already had quite a good amount of things in common, stubbornness. She also believed in what Rhea said after that, she really thought people shouldn't judge others based on what they believe because that so often happened to her, a voodoo tree hugging chairmen. It was just, Kachina always wanted to be heard so she simply said, "I agree." and walked toward Rhea casually as if she was an acquaintance, not an enemy and asked, "So what got you angry in the first place?" she truly wanted to know. Desah, absolutely appalled by the calm resolution, slipped back into its pouch.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:01 pm

The headmistress was never one to speak her troubles. Amos usually could tell, so she couldn’t hide them from him, but there was no sense in passing them on to others, really. It had shocked her slightly when the woman asked about them. “I am not angry” She simply stated. It was not a lie either. She was more worried than anything.

A low chuckle erupted from the bush. And the man stepped out. “Don’t fret about anything Miss Kachina. Rhea is just worried about the students.” He said through closed eyes and walked forward. Many people wondered why he was able to do so without tripping on himself. The only explanation was it was the earliest manifestation of his ‘soul magic.’ The magic of being. “Miss Rhea. Why must you always make such a mess.” The magician complained in a sing song voice and then laid his hands upon the ground by the fallen trees. A very faint brown light hovered around his fingers as he began to whisper old, forgotten words. The trees sprang to life and began mending back together.

Rhea examined the man’s face. He wore his smile now, even as he concentrated on the magic. There was a slight furrow in his brow, but other than that nothing looked to be different about him. But there was also something else, a slight glow visible to only those who knew him well. He was actually happy. “So Amos. You have something to tell me then?” The woman questioned. Half of the trees were nearly mended.

The man stopped for a second to turn his attention to her. “Aget has been defeated. Oarasin is being fought. No deaths, one serious injury. Miss Emilia is getting along well though, but I will continue to keep a watch on them.” He was the eyes of the island.

The news caused the headmistress to smile. Everyone was okay.

Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Kachina was pleased with the calming nature of Amos, she hardly new him, but he made you feel like you had known him forever. In truth she had only been hired that year, and once the mission started it seemed like everyone had something to do, so she hardly got to meet anyone properly, she knew that it was going to be easy to befriend Amos. She smiled, "So that was what was bothering her, well I guess it is comforting that they are all safe. You mentioned deaths, has there ever been any." she asked curiously. For an Academy such as this she was almost sure the answer was yes, no matter how saddening it was.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:16 am

The question about deaths had caused the headmistress to turn her head slightly. A wave of sadness had washed over her and she began to walk away slowly. "I have some paper work to attend to." Anything to get her out of there. Anything which would keep her from thinking about him.

Amos 'watched' as the woman walked away. Once the headmistress was out of earshot, he turned to Kachina and spoke with a hushed tone. The smile had fallen from his face. "You'll have to excuse her. There has been a death, only one. It's something that she doesn't like to talk about." Amos wasn't quite sure how much information he should give to the new chairmen or how much Rhea would mind him telling. "He was a friend to Rhea and me. Her older brother."
Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Her hand flew to her mouth in surprise and a gesture that made her want to take back her words. She looked in the direction of where Rhea had disappeared, for an impulsive moment she wanted to run after her and apologize for her words. She spoke in a soft whisper, "I'm so sorry Amos, and to Rhea too. It was wrong of me to ask." she was curious and she really wanted to do so, but it seemed inappropriate and she feared that she would ask yet another wrong question so instead she said, "I wish I could apologize to Rhea." she too had lost someone, her sister.

Saqui was the first born in her family, her parents adored her. She was always perfect, best singer, best cook, obedient, and above all beautiful. Not like Kachina, who was impulsive, rebellious, secretive, and not nearly as enchanting as Saqui. When the Outlanders came back from across the great ocean after such along time, they were legend from long ago, they brought with them torment and disease, and one day Saqui fell sick. Like many others she died, to the sadness of the entire tribe. Everyone, though they didn't admit it, thought that Kachina should have fallen sick, not the beloved Saqui. Her parents disowned her, said that being so disobedient upset the Great Mother and so she took the most cherished member of the tribe. The only person who did not shun her was an old woman named Maiara who was Spirit Speaker and new the ways of Soul Magic and taught the same to her. Despite all that happened to her, she still grieved and missed Saqui in those days, and asked Maiara to teacher the ways of talking to Saqui, to speak to her again, but the Great Mother chose to take the old woman then before she could learn. To this day she still missed both of them.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:52 pm

The man’s face resumed its gentle position or a smile. “You had every right to ask Miss Kachina. You are a chairman after all. That gives you the right to learn about all parts of the school. There is no need to be sorry. That was many years ago. Miss Rhea has other things to worry about now.” Amos turned his head to the direction his friend had left in. “It would be best if you hadn’t apologized. Aaron had left her with quite a few scars.” Both mentally and physically.

“Death is a part of life. It is something that most people are familiar with. You, myself, and miss Rhea, have all faced death at least once. “
    Either by being in a dangerous situation or from watching a loved one die. Or even slowly being eaten away from the inside out. The man adjusted his glasses over his closed eyes. “Miss Rhea, especially.”

Back in the headmaster’s quarters, Rhea was laying on her bed. She wasn’t crying, but wasn’t entirely happy either. Her hand’s circled around the small phone she had on her nightstand. The headmistress was overly nervous about the current situations. Her abdomen hurt. All this pent up stress was not doing well in keeping her curse contained. “What am I going to do Amos? ... Dad?”

The small phone next to her was brought to life as it started to ring. The headmaster blinked a few times before bringing it to her ear. “Krystal.” Rhea’s daughter always seemed to know when her mother was thinking about her. Her voice grew soft and all worry was washed away as she spoke to the young girl. “Hi honey. How are things going with Granny?” “Mommy. You having fun? I wanna visit~!” The woman chuckled at the small girl on the other end. Hearing the girls voice easily made all the worries wash away. With a smile, she continued talking to the girl.
Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Kachina hated bad moods, especially when it came to death, it all brought memories of her past rushing back. She wanted to walk away like Rhea did, but she knew she wasn't like that, her sadness was over, or was it? She didn't cry about her past anymore, unless she really thought about it, but most of the time she didn't, crushed it down as she did now. Trying to get away from the sad conversation for the moment she said, "Yeah... So, your Amos? The head magician here? This is was a poor first conversation, but I feel we've now been properly acquainted, it's an honor to meet you." she said in a happy business manner. With a thin trail of black smoke Desah came out and said in it's dozen voices, "So, you are the great Amos? You seem okay, not nearly as rude as that.. Rhea." Desah said frankly. She mentally wanted to stop him from speaking, but that was simply the way Des was, frank and never afraid to speak it's mind.
Kachina cleared her throat, "This is Desah. My.." she almost said pet, but that would of outraged Des, they really were hardly friends, but she guessed that was what Des was, as much as she hated it's personality, "friend." she concluded.
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:34 pm

The man could sense a hint of negative feelings in the woman’s tone. It stated that she was a bit unnerved, uneasy, and not wanted to speak about it. The topic of death was not usually something a lot of people like to talk about. But he was there when they needed it. He greeted the woman’s tone with his usual smile. “Yes Miss Kachina. I am Amos the head magician. It is an honor to meet you as well. A bit nice to have another magician running around the campus. It has gotten a bit rare, it seems.”

Desah’s remark had caused him to frown slightly. “You will have to excuse Miss Rhea. I am sure you will find that she is not as rude as you make her out to be. She really is worried about the students well being. Never one to deal with stress well.” He nodded his head at the dark spirit at Kachina’s statement of it being her friend. While he could summon a spirit of his own, Desah had much more personality than his. Plus, it seemed to be more than a simple summon spirit.

(Tell me if that is too hard for you to read)

Last edited by Miss Meg on Fri May 13, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Instead of expressions it seemed Des could always tend to project his feeling whether it wanted to or not just like expressions. Unfortunately Desah simply wasn't the happy type, and so often you could feel the depression rolling off the spirit like now, but the 'expression' was of deep annoyance and negativity as it said, "Well, at least she isn't here now, and I dearly hope it stays that way, at least until she better attitude." it said sounding quite snobby and presided into Kachina's leather pouch to take a nap, the negativity flowing out of the space with it. Kachina closed the pouch tightly to were it couldn't hear or escape without some effort.

Kachina sighed with relief that Des was gone, "You'll have to excuse it, Des is not exactly a happy spirit, I don't know why, it's supposed to be a spirit resembling my ancestors, I guess the majority of them weren't too cheerful." she smiled a little though, "But, it is happy sometimes, it even laughs on the rare occasion." she turned the conversation to something else.

"I and another elder in our village were the only ones in our tribe to use magic, so I must agree. I practice Soul Magic, what type of magic do you practice?" she asked with a polite smile and tone in her voice.

ooc: Perhaps a little bigger font would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Risa

Risa

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:07 pm

{{ Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in, felt like I had to use Vienna some time. o-o;; }}

A solitary figure sat on top on the roof of the headmistress' room with a large snipe rifle cradled against her body. Sitting down quietly with her gun was a thoughtful yet nervous habit of Vienna's. Whenever something was on her mind or bothering her she tend to wander off by herself with her gun and just... sit. It was a soothing method for her's, there was comfort in her weapon. It might not make much sense to others but it makes plenty of sense to her. And right now, she had plenty to think and worry about.

Biting her bottom lip, a light nervous tapping with her fingers onto the gun had began. About an hour ago she was on the roof of her own house sitting and waiting. Even further ago the students had left for their first mission. The same mission they do every year but it always manages to make her worry about her future students. This year was ever worse, her brother was out there. So she had come here to visit Rhea. Why? Well, she didn't really know why.

Vienna had known Rhea for awhile now, having gone here as a student and now she's been the chairman of the Gura house for a couple years. Although she didn't know Rhea that well personally, she liked the woman and found her interesting. Although a bit... immature for a headmistress at times Vienna will admit that she's a good one. Maybe she had come here in hopes of calming down by talking to her. She would have gone in by now but she had heard her voice speaking to someone, presumably the phone. Not wanting to interrupt, she had merely gone to sit on the roof above. Vienna had a feeling that Rhea would know to find her there once she was done on the phone so she just waited there, deep in thought.
Back to top Go down
http://xxshiro-risa.deviantart.com/
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Both Des and Kachina had qualities which reminded Amos of the headmistress. People had often told him that when people were alike, they didn’t get along too well. He gave a shallow chuckle at the pair supposing in this case, it would have been people and spirits. The man had an odd sense of humor. “Perhaps your ancestors don’t like each other. Spirits fight within Des and cause it to become a less cheerful being overall.” He shrugged offhandedly, “But what do I know about your spirit friend.”

Hearing the mention of soul magic had caused his eyebrows to lift immediately. It was a magic that existed in all magicians, but only very few were able to take control of it. It was where “psychics” came from. Of course, it manifested in each being in a different way. Amos had only recently begun to explore his own soul magic. It was something much like a sixth sense. But he had not gotten into it very much. “Soul magic you say~” His voice had a sing song quality to it, “I am beginning to explore that type of magic myself. Other than that, I specialize in all types of offensive magic, and am a master dark magic.” He adjusted his glasses over his closed eyes and held a grin that was borderline creepy. “But enough about me~ Tell me more about your soul magic.”
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:04 pm

It's over,
No longer,

" The headmistress sighed when it came time for her to hang up the phone. Her mother had come on and started yelling at Rhea for keeping Krystal up so late. Sure the woman had good intentions, but Rhea missed her daughter. Over the phone call, they had even arranged a time for Krystal to come visit the academy. It would be a time between missions, where the young girl would be safe from harm’s way and able to interact with the students. Rhea smiled at the thought.

The faint sound of footsteps above her had brought her mind out of her current thoughts. There was not another floor to her building. Why would somebody be pacing about on her roof? Using her tetsugen as a grappling hook, she was able to climb from her balcony to the roof. Seeing Vienna had not actually surprised her as much as it confused her. Rhea had known her fondness for high places for quite a while. Plus, camping in high places was something that snipers were known to do. What had surprised her was that she was not out with the students. Rhea was aware that one of the males was a sibling to the chairmen. Had it been Rhea in the position, she would have followed close behind. Maybe even dropping some hints by rustling the bushes.

“Vienna. What brings you here at this hour?” The headmistress asked as she wrapped her tetsugen around her arm, while sitting down on the slanted roof which over looked a majority of the campus. She could even make out the faint figures of Kachina and Amos as they talked below.
    "

Until I fade away.
Back to top Go down
Risa

Risa

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Having now gotten so emerged into her thoughts Vienna didn't give much notice to Rhea when she came up. Although she tried not to her mind kept returning to her students out there in the forest. Sure they should have some combat skill and the monsters out there weren't too difficult but they were new to all this. Fresh off the boat as she would describe them. Rarely, if ever in the recent years, had someone come back from the first mission terribly harmed but who's to say this year wont be different? Maybe she should go out there and help out. Maybe she should check out the condition of the teams. But she restrained herself, merely because in her eyes they were still like babies when it came to fighting and she'll have this urge to meddle in the mission. That wouldn't be good, in fact that would probably defeat the whole purpose of the mission in the first place.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Vienna released a mildly frustrated sigh before setting her attention on the headmistress with a faint smile. "Don't say it like that. Almost makes me feel unwanted." She playfully pouted as she leaned backwards onto the roof with her rifle settled in her lap. Although she didn't really notice earlier, Vienna could also hear the voices of Amos and Kachina nearby. A small spark of curiosity of what the two could be conversing about appeared but it wasn't big enough to keep her attention. "I just came to say hello. I should do that once in awhile no? Haven't you missed seeing my face over the summer?" She turned and pointed to her face when she mentioned it. Although it was her usual playfulness, one could tell that wasn't the real reason for her visit. Rather she wouldn't really be able to answer since she herself didn't know why she had come. It's possible she was hoping to be reassured that the teams would be just fine. "Maybe I should go out there after all..." Vienna mumbled as she thought out loud more to herself than to Rhea.
Back to top Go down
http://xxshiro-risa.deviantart.com/
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:15 pm

It's over,
No longer,

"The headmistress took note of the sigh that the woman had let out. It was obvious that something was on her mind. At the next statement she stuck her tongue out. “Oh come now. If I didn’t want you around then I would not have hired you.” Even though she said it as though she was joking around, it was actually a true fact. And in her extremely bunt nature she continued with the joke, “No I have not missed your face.” She grew a bit softer after the statement knowing that Vienna was not the type to bother her with no reason. Realization hit at the next statement. “So you are worried about your brother after all.” Her hand lay on the girls shoulder in a comforting mother-like motion. “I can easily assure you that your brother is fine.” The headmistress would not tell her that he was fighting the water monster alone, but in all honestly she believed that he could handle it… if he was anything like his sister.

Although, she had to admit, it still made her nervous. But she had not wanted to make the other girl even more nervous. She needed something to say. “So what are your feelings about the Gura’s this year, Miss Vienna?” She nearly mimicked the way Amos would say the statement as she closed her eyes. “Quite a few of them look promising. ^^”
    "

Until I fade away.
Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:24 pm

"Well," she said as if to give a long speech, "I learned my magic from an old Spirit Speaker named Maiara. She used her Soul Magic to tap into the life force of a tree and she said she could travel along some sort of network of life force in the surrounding trees, she called it a Soul Web. Sometimes she could latch on to different life forces and see what they were seeing in their eyes. But, the biggest extent of her power that got her position was if she followed the right paths and went deep enough into the web eventually she could find herself in a place where she could talk to the people who had gone from life." she sat down on the soft grass realizing the conversation may take awhile and motioned for Amos to do the same, "I tried to do it too, she told me to focus on trees and nature, and it would happen, and, well.. It happened a bit.. differently. After doing that for a few days I eventually latched on to what she was talking about and focused on it, and around me the trees started to die. Maiara told me to stop that instant, and I did, but the life force was already with me. My hands were covered in green flames, I call them Energy Flames, and my eyes were bright green too. Pretty much all I can do is suck the life out of plants and can throw it's energy out in what ever form I choose, recently though I can make it in the form of a bone axe." she blushed out how intense Amos looked listening to her, she laughed, "Nothing too special!"
Back to top Go down
Miss Meg
Admin
Miss Meg

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Amos quietly listened to her as she spoke about her mentor and the use of her own soul magic. He had opted not to sit down in the grass with the girl. It wasn’t a well known fact about the man, but he wasn’t a fan of getting too dirty. So he would constantly tell others that he preferred to stand. It was true.

The story that the girl was telling him got him thinking. Was it possible that all soul magic stemmed from this soul web which the Spirit Speaker had taught Kachina about? It was something he would have to look into. It made sense, but it would make even more sense if the web included more than trees. People and animals too. “Any form of magic is special, Miss Kachina. Your bone axe sounds amazing. I would hate to be on the receiving end of it.”

Back to top Go down
Brieta

Brieta

PostSubject: Kachina.   Mission 1 - On Campus EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Kachina felt awkward sitting down while Amos towered above her, it was not the best position to have a conversation. She stood up, brushing the soft fur of her animal skins, dusting them off. She shrugged and said, "Well, I'm just beginning to work with it, it's not easy at all. I can't manage to get in the right form. Once it even turned into a flaming Soul Pie of Doom!" she laughed. But, it was true, in one of her most resent attempts she managed to turn it into a Soul Pie, but it was probably because she was hungry. Another time she was only able to summon the handle. Her voice went a slightly serious, "I can also take life force from animals and humans too, but, it's not good, it can hurt someone mentally and death is always a risk. I never do it myself as a deep moral taught by Maiara. It's an evil, it is like a sin." she said darkly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - On Campus   Mission 1 - On Campus Empty

Back to top Go down

Mission 1 - On Campus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next